Bird & Wild Coffee. Sounds like a perfect combination when sitting in the garden!
If you didn’t already know by now, I am a big coffee lover and have taken a liking to coffee reviews! Guy, owner of Bird & Wild Coffee, was looking for bloggers to review his coffee so up my hand went.
After exchanging emails it turns out it is Guy from Decadent Decaf who I did a review for last year! Guy kindly sent me a bag of Seasonal Blend Medium Roast Coffee Beans AND a Bird & Wild mug.. so I was all geared up for this review!
What is Bird & Wild all about?
- Bird & Wild coffee is on a mission to help protect migrating birds, support the RSPB, and give you a great tasting Fairtrade Organic coffee one cup at a time.
- 6% of sales is donated to the RSPB to help give nature a home.
- Certified Fairtrade and Organic.
- Our coffees are naturally grown under the rainforest canopy, a haven for birds and other wildlife and ideal conditions for nurturing deliciously different beans with a taste of the wild.
- Bird Friendly Certified coffees are grown on forest farms that protect the diverse tree canopy providing a haven to threatened migratory birds, insects and other wildlife.
The Coffee Beans
An overwhelming beautiful smell of coffee hit me when I ripped open the bag. The sort of smell where you keep opening and closing the bag because it smells so appealing. That is the first sign of amazing coffee in my opinion.
We’ve got a (I would definitely recommend one!) so I had lots of fun grinding a pot up ready to pop in our cafetiere. We then went outside to sit in the garden to let it brew before drinking. After all, bird watching and sipping this beautifully flavoured coffee was always going to go hand in hand.
The packaging said ‘A smooth coffee with dark chocolate tones, balanced acidity and bright floral aromas.’ Completely agree. And what I can say is that it sufficiently fulfilled my expectations of a fanastic cup of coffee! It definitely was a smooth coffee and I loved the flavours it had too. It is only a stregth 3 so if you like strong coffee my top tip is to put extra coffee in. You can always dilute if it’s too strong.
And it’s not just the coffee I love here. The fact they donate 6% of sales to the RSPB is absolutely wonderful. I love seeing birds in the garden so I really support this cause and think it’s a great concept!
Where to buy?
Well, you can visit their Website, or even on Ocado! Not to forget that RSPB shops are also stocking this delicious coffee too, so if you are out and about bird watching you might stumble across these coffee beans!
Why not give it a try and have the perfect coffee morning in the garden, especially with Summer on it’s way! After all, it’s supporting a fab cause, it’s fairtrade AND it’s eco-friendly. Don’t forget to also follow them on Twitter. Big thanks for letting me have a fab cup of coffee Guy!
P.S Use code ‘BIRD‘ for a brill 10% off online!
*I was not financially compensated for this post. I was very kindly sent a bag of coffee beans to taste and review. This review is based on my own honest opinion and experience*