If you’ve read my Small Biz Tip #2, you’ll have already seen me briefly mention about Twitter Chats/Hours. So many people either don’t know these exist, or just don’t utilise them to their maximum potential.
If you fit into either of the above, please please please try and get to at least 1 a week.
1. they are free to join in with.
2. they are such an easy simple way for you to not only promote your business, but to also meet others in similar situations.
What will you get out of it?
- An opportunity to promote your brand/business
- Drive traffic to your website/Etsy store
- Network and meet others
- Reach a large number of people across Twitter including potential new customers
- Share experiences
- Ask questions or get help with certain things
How to make the most of Twitter Chats/Hours
- Include the relevant hashtag in tweets (and responses if stated)
- Engage with any questions
- Retweet others
- Appreciate and thank others that retweet you
- Reply to any comments
- Answer questions people may direct to you
- Answer other people’s questions
Hmm, when, what?
A lot of the time you log in to Twitter and think ‘oh damn, I just missed that Twitter Hour’ or you end up racking your brains trying to remember when one specifically is.
Here’s a brief round up of the most popular ones for Small Businesses to join in on and when. Get your diaries at the ready!
#UKBizLunch – Everyday 12pm-1pm
#EarlyBiz – Every weekday 7-8am
#ElevensesHour – Every weekday 11am-12 noon
#wnukrt and #womaninbiz – Every weekday 6-7pm
#CreativeBizHour – Mon 8-9pm
#EthicalHour – Mon 8-9pm
#BritCraftHour – Mon 12-1pm
#collabhour – Tues 1-2pm
#UKFoodHour – Tues 2-3pm
#TeaHour – Tues 7-8pm
#CraftBlogClub – Tues 8-9pm
#CupcakeHour – Tues 8-9pm
#indieroller – Every other Tues 8-9pm
#SBSWinnersHour – Tues 8:30-9:30pm
#HandmadeHour – Wed 7.30pm and Sun 8pm
#MakersHour – Wed 8-9pm
#woofwoofwednesday – Wed 8-9pm
#RoyalConnectionHour – Wed 9-10pm
#WeddingHour – Wed 9-10pm
#ArtisansAfternoonTea – Thurs 2-3pm
#ArtisanHour – Thurs 8-9pm
#GoWithThePro – Thurs 8-9pm
#ScottishCraftHour – Thurs 8-9pm
#TwitterSisters – Thurs 8.30-9:30pm
#HHLunch – Fri 12:30pm
#colour_collective – Fri 7:30pm
#UKGiftAm – Sat and Sun 9-12pm
#UKGiftHour – Sat and Sun 9-10am
#UKWeekendHour – Sat and Sun 9-10am
#womaninbizhour – Sat 9-10am and Sun 7-8pm
#CraftHour – Sun 7-8pm
#UKCraftersHour – Sun 7:30-8:30pm
#CraftBizParty – Sun 9-11pm
If you schedule tweets, then hopefully the above list is helpful when you want to schedule them during Twitter Hours. That way, if you are busy and not able to make certain times, you can still get a tweet or two out there!
Oh, and don’t forget to use the relevant hashtag! Happy tweeting 🙂
If there’s any I’ve missed, let me know and I will add them in!